Electrification, digitalization, autonomous driving and new mobility concepts will help define the future of mobility. These mega trends will fundamentally change the way we think about cars and mobility as a whole, and will have a major impact on the various value-chains. This will create a significant shift in use of materials. It is expected that for instance in the construction of a modern car, the need for some materials will decline, others will grow in importance and new materials will be needed in specific areas.
These trends impact material development for exterior, interior and technical applications like:
- Ability to embed electronics, lighting and sensing devices
- Durability / Cleanability of materials and coatings
- Noise reduction, thermal management, vibration management
- Sustainability (Life Cycle Assessment)
- Production technologies like Additive Manufacturing and hybrid technologies
Most fundamentally, succeeding in the emerging mobility landscape will likely require materials companies to dramatically re-evaluate how they do business. Instead of the traditional approach of developing a new material, companies have to collaborate across the value chain, from design to full-scale production. Approaches could vary from formal partnerships to joint ventures to participation in cross-industry mobility-focused consortia.
During the Materials for Future Mobility Conference the (inter)national speakers will present their view and experience on material innovations.
Who should attend:
- R&D / Innovation and General management of
- Producers of Performance Materials
- Producers of additives, fillers and reinforcement fibers
- Automotive Design companies / agencies
- Engineering companies
- Car manufacturers
- Suppliers to the Car Manufacturing Industry such as producers of automotive parts
- Fleet owners
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
This conference is part of the Brightlands Materials of the Future Series and contains the following adjacent conferences:
|Brightlands Chemelot Campus
Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a world-leading innovation location in smart materials and sustainable manufacturing and home to a vibrant and fast-growing open community of groundbreaking companies and knowledge institutes. With its location, ecosystem and easily available expertise and knowledge, Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a unique location for innovative start-ups and corporations, forward-thinking knowledge institutes, daring entrepreneurs, brilliant researchers, talented students and visionary investors.
This conference is organised by Jakajima, Matchmaker for Innovators.